Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Top Five Environmental Blogs

These are the top environmental blogs that I read in relation to my interest in endangered and extinct animals.

1. Environment 360

Published by the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, this is an up to the minute site focusing on environmental research, news and discoveries.
Environment360


2. Bushwarriors

Focusing on increasing global awareness of the plight of the world's wildlife and threats to biodiversity, this is a very interesting, if slightly political, site.
Bushwarriors



3. Treehugger

Run by Discovery Communications, who also run the Discovery Channel, this is a very newsy, scientific site dealing with environmental concerns from the smallest microorganism to the largest oil rig.
Treehugger



4.  Animal Fact Guide

I had to include this one, although it's aimed at younger persons, because my daughter loves it and I have to admit I really enjoy reading it as well.  It covers most basic animal facts and goes into minor scientific detail.
Animal Fact Guide


5.  Wildlifedirect

For up to the minute news on endangered animals in any part of the world, this is a very good first stop.
WildlifeDirect



I put this list together based on my personal liking for these blogs, not on site traffic, website design or anything other than plain, simple reporting and facts on endangered animals.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

I would love to hear of any blogs you may know of that are worthy of this list.


1 comment: